DK Consulting conducts facilities evaluations which include a comprehensive building assessment and appraisal of the present fire alarm and low voltage systems.
Before beginning a new low voltage system project, DK Consulting conducts facilities evaluations which include a comprehensive building assessment and appraisal of the present fire alarm and low voltage systems. A systematic review is performed to assess current compliance with building and safety codes, the potential for expansion or addition of the existing system, and system retrofit options.
In the case of a government, hospital or school premises, a facility condition assessment is created to evaluate the condition of the existing system and provide the basis of evaluation of current performance and value.
Current conduit and cable plant utilization and security audits can be performed on the existing structures or campus, and a current and future system schematic created. Designs, plans, and specifications will be based on these processes.
Those who have not committed to the installation of a new low voltage system or replacement system will also benefit from a comprehensive facilities evaluation as it will provide them with the information they may need for future options.
In compliance, and function as required.
A thorough facilities evaluation will provide a proper understanding of the current system and will reveal any conditions which need to be rehabilitated or corrected as part of the project. By uncovering discrepancies and subpar conditions, the plan can include solutions to any existing obstacles. DK Consulting can then proceed with the design and engineering phase of the project.
Description of Services
- Review existing facilities to meet fire alarm and low voltage system code requirements.
- Evaluate existing low voltage system equipment for system expansion.
- Evaluate existing low voltage system equipment for tenant improvement or building construction adds.
- Feasibility studies.
- Campus / building conduit audits.
- Cable plant utilization audits.
- Current and future system schematic documentation.
- Building evaluations for low voltage system replacement or installation.
- Building security audits.
- Certification and acceptance testing.